Pages

Thursday 15 September 2016

Our second September reveal ...

Welcome to our mid month reveal. 

This month we feature this delightful piece by Donald James Waters called Spot on.  Our criteria is a Tribute to Dad - any Dad anyway you might like to portray them.


CRITERIA - A tribute to Dad

Mary
My layout for the Fathers Day theme. A layout of my Dad of course. I have used the playing card symbols , as My Father, Mum, Aunts and Uncles loved a good game of cards. Lots of stamping, washi tape , old clocks , as my Dad had a old pocket watch. I also used dried tea leaves mixed with gesso for texture. I saw this technique on Marta's you tube channel, I have used dried tea bag paper before , but had never thought of using dried tea leaves, I like the technique.

Anna
I was inspired of the colors and the fishing theme. This is my tribute to my husband and the best father ever for our kids. Fishing is the best way for him to just relax.

Angelika
I was inspired by the pastel colours, and the presence of a pet, so I decided to scrap my cat and his human dad.

Tone
The photo is of my son and dear husband when they are playing Nintendo DS. I love the expression in Daniels face. The photo is taken in September 2007. The tag is from  clothes I bought a long time ago 

Karen
My inspiration is lazing around and having fun on Fathers Day.

Kat
 I was inspired by the colours (especially the blue and purple) and the masculine theme. My little brother's favourite colour is purple so I made a layout about him and his son on their first Father's Day.

Jane
This is my favourite photo of my Dad and I out on the farm when I was tiny.  I was inspired by the blue and brown from the artwork and incorporated some spotted paper (hard to see) in my layers.  Miss you Dad !


Now it is your turn, we'd love to see your own interpretation ...

Remember we happily accept all forms of paper crafting for your entry including digital and encourage international submissions. All we ask is that you create something new for our challenge and only combine your entry with a sketch challenge. We offer two prizes determined by team vote and one other prize selected purely by random draw - so anyone can be a winner regardless of style or level of experience. You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.

Please pop back on the 22nd when we introduce you to our September Guest Designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment