Pages

Monday 9 November 2009

Another great 'Tadema' inspired layout....... from a newbie......

Julie Tucker-Wolek - Meeting Lars


Here is what Julie said on her blog...........The next I got for U ... I made for the challenge blog....
artastic inspirational challenge blog!!!! Such a fun challenge....they give U a piece of art...U get inspired!!! LOVE IT!!!!! Again...I used the Cinnamon Stix kit from Blue Moon Scrapbooking!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) My title: "Meeting Lars" ...and here is the story ... *ummmmmmmmmmmm hello??? U came to Julie's blog...U know that there is a story!!! LOL*....a longggggggggggggggggggggggg time ago...I did A LOT of volunteer work for Make-A-Wish Foundaton :):):):):) Well....first let me say....I no longer do because it was TOO hard on ME emotionally...that's all I am sayin' about that! :):):):):):) And second...I'm not gonna tell U the fate of the boy in this story...ain't happening....period.... enuf said.....ok....soooooooooooo here we go!!! Soooooooooo for those that know me...I am a ROCKER at HEART!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee all ROCK AND ROLL!!!! Well....when I was working with Make-A-Wish, I got to go to MANY of the wishes that the kids asked for ... and I was LUCKY enough to go to this one!!!!! U see...a BOY had a WISH to MEET Lars Ulrich and the rest of the BAND....Metallica!!!!!! Sooooooooooooooooo he got his wish and I got to go too.....and they were AMAZING to that BOY...they played their HEARTS out for him and let him play too!!!! Soooooooooooooooo this is when I met Lars (*sigh* love him!!!!) when I was working with Make-A-Wish :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Hi Julie, great page, love the mushroom pp and sewing around your photo. What a story!! And a great way to remember that event. Love your embellies and especially the 'For the Record' one! Well done!! - Shazza

11 comments:

  1. Wow fab lo Julie Love everything about it. Katy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks katy and shazza!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg this is awesome, love it julie...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely story...you must be a lovely lady to do work with make a wish...fab, great retro page...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meeting the boys from Metallica, wow, wouldn't mind having been there myself! Beautiful page Julie, I love how you kept it playful and fun, and that "for the record" tag is so clever!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love a good story behind a layout and yours is a beauty! Good on you for volunteering your time to such a worthy cause. I'm glad you had a chance to scrap this fabulous layout as a reminder of such a special event.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful (yet heartbreaking) story ! It's wonderful to see it though, captured in this LO ! Gorgeous use of pp's and just a lovely memory. Great job !

    ReplyDelete
  8. how lucky are you??????????? I would have SOOOOOO LOVED hanging out with him on his wish day. I'm a HUGE Metallica fan!!! :) Yaaaay for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way you have included musical notes paper on this layout... suits the photo and your story perfectly! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the stiching you did around your piece....and the mushroom paper you selected!!!! good job!

    ReplyDelete