Pages

Friday 12 November 2010

Another great 'Beach' inspired layout....... this time from

Dale Tiernan - Beach


Hi Shazza,

I've completed my layout for The Beach. I have painted my background paper to imitate the painting. I also have 3 young girls to replicate the 3 ladies in the image. The one on the right is me. I've used bubble wrap and ink to represent the rocks on Cottesloe Beach where we are swimming. I have the seagulls too but couldn't manage a beach towel.

Kind regards, Dale

Well done Dale! Great idea to paint your background paper and I love the way your bubble wrap and inkig came out and it looks great behind the title. I love the way you also threaded wool or twine through your title. Love the photos you usedof your you and your friends too. Your seagulls look terrific! - Cheers Shazza

11 comments:

  1. what a beautiful and stylish LO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Dale, I love how you put four photos on there, and great to see one is you, I get stuck when I have to put myself on a layout, I love the stamping and this is really lovely work. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work with the painting and stamping with a bubble wrap! I love how you used the twine on your title!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the painting lovely page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb Dale. The title looks fabulous with that bubblewrap print underneath!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout Dale... love the bubblewrap patterning and the fab photos! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your stamping & painting Dale & the twine through your title...very effective. 4 great photos & divine seagull...love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you painted and stamped the background, it's just perfect! Beautiful work Dale!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely replication of the painting... so smart! I really like the 'rocks'... great ideas here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!
    Love how your bubble wrap replicates the rocky cliff in your photo, it looks really cool. The colour combo is terrific too! The twine is an excellent edition - reminiscent of the ocean waves perhaps?
    M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great LO, Dale! Love that bubble wrap technique, how you painted your background, the great pictures and the overall design!
    Hugs,
    RobinJ

    ReplyDelete