Pages

Saturday 22 March 2014

Welcome to Marie ...

Welcome to Marie Johansson, our guest designer for March.


Hi there, I live in a small village in the north of Sweden. I have been addicted to scrapbooking for more than 9 years by now. I love that it makes me think and reflect about things that has happened to me and my family. And for me it is a way of relaxing after a hard days work as an Intensive Care Nurse.


At first when I found scrapbooking to be my new hobby, it was the colored and patterned papers that drew my attention. Then I started loving layering, and now I´m a complete mess.... I love playing around with gesso, paint and different spray inks/mists. I make layers using the different mediums and papers, journaling cards, stamps and all kinds of different embellishments. Even though I mess up my pages, I try to have some sort of structure to it all. 

I currently design for Linnie Blooms, the Color Room, Scrap & Music and the online magazine Allt om Scrap. Since I always look for new exciting creative challenges this Guest Designer spot really got my creative mood up!  

Hope you find my work inspiring and take time to stop by my blog: http://gulavillanivallen.blogspot.com


Here is Marie's gorgeous interpretation of our inspiration this month - a stunning mixed media canvas using lots of texture and paint and ink techniques.





and two more samples of her work ...







Thank you  for joining us on ARTastic this month Marie, your work is so inspiring.


You still have time until the end of the month to upload your own take on this challenge.  We'd love to see what you can do with texture on your page and what inspiration you take from our delightful artwork this month.  

6 comments:

  1. Wow Marie, what a beautiful canvas!! Love your depth of work there, plus gorgeous card & a fabulous LO...great to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Marie. Your work is gorgeous. I love the canvas you have created from this month's inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie =) Happy to see you here <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous work!! The butterflies are super cute & that sun rays page...stunning:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore you fantastic and colourful work of art.... The canvas is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marie. This is such a striking canvas. I love the layering and textures and your flight of butterflies.

    ReplyDelete