Pages

Wednesday 15 April 2015

Our second reveal for April ...

Welcome to our mid month reveal.  We are working with this wonderful work by Roy de Maistre called Frozen Music.

CRITERIA is to use swirls on your submission.

Swirls can be created using flourishes, in paint, with string, using stamps, as doodles, from embellishments or in your patterned paper ...


STINA
For this challenge I chose to do a card inspired by the purple and the green in the painting. It made me think of spring. I also had to use my new swirl die for the card, I´m so in love with it.

TONE-LILL



 A fantastic and colourful artwork as inspiration this month, I just love the colours..... so as you can see both the swirls and colours inspired me making this page. I have used some of the flowers I showed you how to make earlier this month.   I hope you find some inspiration too and want to join us here at ARTastic at our April challenge :)

WENDY
I used layers of swirls for the background.  My aim was to  create the illusion of the universe and reinforce the idea that, as young graduates, my sons have the world at their feet. 

MARY

I was inspired by the colours and the swirls. The photo of the grass in front of the colourful houses in Ireland remind me of the swirls, like the weather, if that makes sense :)

DI
This month I have taken advantage of our added requirement of swirls to complete my layout with  doodled flourishes and swirls using a silver Sharpie. The photos are of the Natural Bridge at Numinbah,on the rim of the Mt Warning crater, about 30 minutes from the small township of Murwillumbah on the far North Coast of NSW. My layout is reflecting the photos showing a flow of water from a creek and its progression, tumbling down a steep rocky outcrop into a cavern where it cascades  into a pool before once again splashing out into a small creek.

The background is on a pearlised cardstock and water drops have been cut from glitter cardstock. I've added strands of glitter yarn, fabric and paper orchids in the colours taken from our inspirational painting, acetate butterflies and dragonflies and painted chipboard mushrooms. The edges have a drawn border of water droplets, again using a silver Sharpie.

LESLEY
I loved the soft texture of the swirls in this piece of art and wanted to reflect this is my layout. When I found these watercolour flowers I knew I needed to use them. I added more swirls with chalkboard arrows and gem.


Now it is your turn, we'd love to see what you can do ...

 Remember we happily accept all forms of paper crafting for your entry including digital and encourage international submissions.  All we ask is that you create a new entry for our challenge and you are most welcome to combine with a maximum of two additional challenges.  We offer two prizes determined by team vote and one other prize purely chosen by random draw - so anyone can be a winner regardless of style or level of experience.  You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.

Please pop back on the 22nd when we introduce you to our April guest designer, Michelle Lark.


      

No comments:

Post a Comment