Pages

Wednesday 22 June 2016

Our wonderful June guest ...

Please welcome our guest designer this month, Kripa Koushik with her amazing interpretation of our artwork for June.

The challenge prompt this month made me want to scrap a special photo. I've made layouts of this photo before, yet I want to make more. This photo is from the day my older son met his younger brother for the first time.

Let me try and explain how I’ve tried to express my emotions through colour & texture in this layout. When I look at this photo, time just stops for me (depicted by the black and white background) and I’m taken over by a feeling of love, joy and amazement (soft delicate – hand drawn flowers, lace, hearts, vellum) , probably similar to what my boys experienced that moment! The stars are my prayer to God to shower his blessing on my boys and our family.

I’ve recently setup my youtube channel and prepared a short video for this layout. Hope you enjoy, I will be delighted if you leave me a comment after watching. Thank you 
Youtube video: https://youtu.be/a6ZsfclwSLk


Hello ARTastic fans, my name is Kripa Koushik. I took up scrapbooking about 3 years ago and instantly fell in love with messy mixed media supplies – paint, gesso, texture paste. I’m still exploring my preferred style and enjoy light bright colours as well as grungy deep colours. As long as the colours and embellishments assist with telling the story of the piece, I’m content for the moment. 



You can see more of my work on my blog: 


Here are two of my recent favourites:



Simply delightful Kripa - thank you so much for sharing your talent with us this month.

Remember ....

You still have time until the end of the month to upload your own take on this challenge.  All details are on the blog sidebar. We'd love to see what you can do with our inspiration this month.



5 comments:

  1. Fabulous Kripa - always an absolute pleasure looking at your GORG work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kripa ! I loved your take on challenge and Thanks for the video !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lizzy Hill and Pooja. Thanks Jane for the opportunity to GD for your awesome blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome as GD for the month Kripa, would you believe I watched your imagine tutorial last night! Beautiful work. I love how you described the process of the layout of your two little boys meeting for the first time.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete